This meal was a combination of two recipes. The first is for the miso salmon which I found here:
This recipe is a very healthy one with no oil involved. You’ll probably need to raid your local asian food store for some of the ingredients. I found that it did not take long to cook but it did require a lot of attention and some multi tasking. The meal itself was absolutely delicious with the tastes of the seaweed, and mushrooms really complementing the miso based glaze.
The second is for the sweets and beets which is my own. It’s just a quick and easy recipe I use when I need a good side portion. Sweet potatoes and beets are easy to find here the whole thing takes about 5-10 minutes of prep time and another 30 minutes or so to cook.
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 2 beets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to about 220 degrees celsius.
- Cut the sweet potatoes and beets into small cubes.
- Throw them all into a large ziploc bag, pour in the oil and mix it all around until all of the vegetables are well coated.
- Throw in the spices and mix again until they’re evenly distributed.
- Spread the vegetables out on a baking tray and throw in the oven for about 30 minutes. They’ll be done when they’re slightly crispy on the outside and start to shrivel a little.